This KitchenAid Toaster Oven is highly-rated by consumer reports & online reviews.Check Price
This 12″ KitchenAid Toaster Oven is a highly rated unit. Seventy-five percent of reviewers, rate this as five-star toaster oven. The even-heat convection technology results in a model that cooks better than most standard ovens. It has the capacity to cook two 12″ pizzas at once and can roast cornish hens.Check Price
[FTC Disclosure: GreatToasters.com is an Amazon Affiliate. If you click a link and make a purchase, GreatToasters.com may receive a commission.]
The KitchenAid Toaster Oven KCO273SS:
- Highly rated toaster oven on Consumer Reports (subscription required).
- Rated as a 5-star unit in 75% of reviews
- Can accomodate two 12″ pizzas at once
Features of the KitchenAid Toaster Oven KCO273SS:
- Element IQ technology directs the heat to precisely where it’s needed for exceptionally even cooking
- Convection oven feature
- Multiple heating elements – three on top, two on bottom
- Good user guide and manual (with an online version readily available should you lose yours)
- Three rack positions, can accomodate two racks at once
- Four-slice toast capacity with shade selector
- 9 Pre-set cooking functions include: bake, broil, Asado roast, cookies, reheat, pizza, bagel, toast
- Auto shut-Off at the end of cooking cycle
- Removable crumb tray (from the front)
- Easy to clean, Teflon non-stick interior
- Digital controls
- Top of the oven doubles as a plate warmer
- One-year warranty
- Round pan & round rack included
- Fits a variety of baking dishes including: a 9″ round or square cake pan, a 6-cup muffin pan, small baking sheets, & 1-2 qt round, square, or rectangular casserole dishes
- 1800 watts
- 42″ cord
- Color: Combinations of brushed stainless steel & powder coated stainless steel
- External Dimensions: 14.2″ l x 21.9″ w x 18.4″ h
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Model: KCO273SS
In order to skip the preheat setting and start the timer immediately, press the start button twice.
High-Quality & Innovative
KitchenAid designed a high-quality unit in the KCO273SS. Enjoy gourmet cooking without turning on your standard oven. This oven features five heating elements and a high-temperature convection fan unit.
Highly Rated & Recommended
Consumer reports boasts about the broil feature in the KitchenAid KCO273SS. Reviewers adore this little oven. It receives primarily five-star ratings across the board from reviewers.
This KitchenAid Toaster Oven KCO273SS cooks faster and more efficiently than most standard ovens. Here’s why: You’re head a smaller area with more power. Additionally, this model features a convection fan unit that circulates the heat within the interior of the oven. This results in more even cooking.
(Read more about convection ovens in our toaster oven buying guide.)
Nice Sized Unit
This powerful unit can handle any food you’d bake in a standard oven – size permitting.
Pizza cooks beautifully in this toaster oven. In fact, you can cook two 12″ pizzas at once. You can also roast cornish hens.
A 12″ baking tray and rack are included with the KitchenAid toaster oven. The KitchenAid manual notes that a variety of baking dishes fit in this toaster oven, including: a 9″ round or square cake pan, a 6-cup muffin pan, small baking sheets, & 1-2 qt round, square, or rectangular casserole dishes
External Dimensions: 14.2″ l x 21.9″ w x 18.4″ h
This toaster oven has 9 different pre-set cooking functions include: Asado roast, bake, broil, reheat, pizza, bagel, toast. It also has two different broil settings. Consumer reports raved about the broil function of this toaster oven.
This model can toast four slices of bread simultaneously. It also have a shade selector that allows you to select the perfect toast darkness.
It should be noted that the top of the KitchenAid toaster oven doubles as a plate warmer. This is an excellent place to heat your dish immediately prior to serving meals. (Keep in mind, this is not an under-cabinet model, the top gets very hot.)
This toaster oven features an automatic shut-off a very important safety feature in a toaster oven.
This model packs a power. It’s an 1800 watts model. The cord is 42″ from the base.
The KitchenAid toaster oven features a digital display with dial and push-button controls. It’s a sturdy and solidly built stainless steel appliance.
Easy to Clean
The KitchenAid features a removable crumb tray (from the front) and non-stick Teflon interior that make cleaning easy.
Easy to Use
Using this model is very easy and straightforward. KitchenAid provides a good manual with access to an online version. Here’s the online manual for the KitchenAid Toaster Oven 2073, 2074
Limitations of the KitchenAid Toaster Oven
Toaster oven reviews for this unit are overwhelmingly positive.
Consumer reports points out two flaws: The short height, and the fact that KitchenAid does not provide a drip tray for the broil pan.
One feature missing from this KitchenAid unit is an auto-eject rack. An auto-eject rack extends the rack from the toaster oven automatically when you open the oven door. Another wish was for a oven light, which this unit does not have.
It should also be noted that a few consumers noted the door of the toaster oven shattered suddenly during use.
If you’re looking for an excellent high-quality unit, the KitchenAid toaster oven is an excellent purchase. If you are looking for something a little bit larger, check out the Breville Smart Oven Pro. Or view our list of the top toaster ovens for 2017.Check Price